Proposals for an outdoor design festival. Some areas in the Northern Quarter and Ancoats to place pop up exhibition spaces.
1. PICCADILLY MARINA BASIN – design and music response exhibition.
On Rochdale canal. In the arches is Fresh Bar at Jackson’s Warehouse
The Lomo Wall is on Tariff St.
2. DALE STREET CAR PARK- design exhibition. Area around the footbridge is interesting. Near Rochdale St.
3. STEVENSON SQAURE (SMALL AREA) food/hub for information and promo. Space between graffiti blocks. Opposite Fred Aldous and Blythes. Near Cafes. Very busy square for cars and pedestrians.
4. THE HIVE ALLEYWAY interactive space. The Hive office space. Bakerie. Interesting hidden, yet cool alleyway. Designer businesses.
5. RED LION STREET (GRAFFITTI MURAL) – design installation.
6. TIB STREET CAR PACK – installation space. Aflecks Palace is by car park.
9. CRAFT CENTRE front and back –design exhibition. Craft & Design Centre
11. PORT STREET/ DEAN STREET JUNCTION- interactive space connecting space up to ancoats/ information point
12. PICCADILLY GARDENS- wall garden protest/ major information point
13. BACK OF HATTERS HOSTEL- interactive space
19. SACKVILLE GARDENS
20. AREA UNDERNEATH STATION APPROACH, Piccadilly Station